- The motorcycle has a gem of an engine & needed no expense other than periodical oil changes.
- The good
- Good to have
The motorcycle has a gem of an engine & needed no expense other than periodical oil changes.
BHPian narayan recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
After an ownership period of about 14 months and a little over 10k kms, it was time to move on to the next adventure. Sold this gem of a motorcycle 2 weeks back and the hunt began for the next ride. More on that on another thread. Here is a summary of the good and the good to have on this bike.
- Absolutely classy 80s-90s classic Japanese naked bike looks with some modern touches
- Gem of an engine – 400cc inline-four smooth as it gets from Honda
- Glorious Vtec boost at around 6500rpm with a strong pull all the way to 13000rpm
- The stock exhaust sound when Vtec kicks in is something every biker has to experience – a gnarl that turns into a wail by the time you hit 10,000 rpm
- Compact dimensions for city use
- Absolutely no expense other than periodical oil changes
Good to have
- Instrument pod has only basic info to keep up with the period look
- Important to keep the engine in the 5000-6000rpm range to get reasonable pulling power but it does fine even lower down but nothing to be excited about
- ABS is only an option
Keyword: Sold my in-line 4-cylinder Honda CB400 after 10K km: Quick summary