The LRT3 Shah Alam Line is finally expected to begin operations by June. This was revealed by transport minister Anthony Loke during an interview on a radio show earlier today. He added that while Prasarana had set the conservative timeline for June, he expressed his confidence that the line could be ready from as early as April, as The Star reports. The rail line had originally been slated to start operations on September 30 last year, but in August it was announced that the project had been delayed. In November, the government was said to be keeping to its target of December 31 for the launch of the line, but it was then announced in December that operations would not begin in 2025. The delay was put down to outstanding system stability and software issues identified during the testing and commissioning phase. Loke said that the delay from the original timeline was necessary to ensure passenger safety through rigorous testing. He explained that the fault-free run (FFR), where the primary train must travel at least 4,000 km without a single technical glitch, had to be completed without fault. During this phase, the 22 train sets, along with their supporting systems, must be able to integrate and operate continuously and reliably, as expected of a driverless train system of the Grade of Automation 4 standard. “Unfortunately, during tests in November and December, we encountered software and signalling issues,” he said. He added that whenever a fault occurs, the test has to be reset to zero, regardless of how many kilometres had already been completed. The FFR on the first six-train batch is currently 99% complete, the second eight-train batch is 82% complete and the third eight-train batch has yet to commence. All three FFR phases are expected to be completed on January 30, February 2 and February 28 respectively. Once the final trial runs are complete by the end of February, the ministry will proceed with the commencement of operations. Spanning 37.8km, the line features 25 stations from Bandar Utama to Johan Setia, with interchanges at Bandar Utama (Kajang MRT) and Glenmarie (Kelana Jaya LRT). When it becomes operational, the rail line is expected to benefit more than two million residents in the western corridor of the Klang Valley. Initially designed with 26 stations, the project was launched in 2016. In 2018, the Pakatan Harapan government shelved the construction of five stations and cancelled one, reducing the overall cost to RM16.63 billion. However, Budget 2024 saw prime minister and finance minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim announce that the five shelved stations – Tropicana (previously Lien Hoe), Temasya, Raja Muda (Sirim), Bukit Raja and Bandar Botanik – would be reinstated at a cost of RM5.3 billion. Compare prices between different insurer providers to save the most on your car insurance renewal compared to other competing services. Many payment method supported and you can pay with instalment using Atome, Grab PayLater or Shopee SPayLater.