The only major problem with the car I have is turning off the forward auto brakes on every startup.
BHPian smilenow recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
5000 KMs update.
Model – Diesel – 2WD Color – White – Purchase Month – June 23
1) The only major problem with the car I have is turning off the forward auto brakes on every startup. I delegate the car to our family driver when I am in the office and he is unable to switch off the setting on his own. The new Seltos has the same features and that car doesn’t feature the same problem/nuisance as this one.
2) Related Issue – I have had the front braking go off on me 3 times now, in slow-moving traffic whenever a scooty or an e-rickshaw has tried to cut me off. Thank god, no one has rear-ended me so far, even though they came close to it.
3) The performance, the legroom on the rear seat, and the overall luxury feel of the car are stellar. The best part is the refinement. It doesn’t feel like a truck at 180PS+ in a Diesel car. The boot space is stellar.
4) ADAS helps a lot, provided that one turns off the forward auto braking every time you start the car. The rear auto braking is useful and nonintrusive. The blind spot warnings are great too. I have a visual condition/limitation and ADAS + 360 camera overall is a godsend for me.
5) Best car to buy around the 39 Lakhs bracket given the market right now? —> Yes. All of my friends are stunned by what is on offer and one has even bought a Tucson for his daily use at his factory.
6) TPMS – I thought was wonky at first, but it detected a puncture despite my insistence of no puncture and only low tyre pressure. The error subsisted despite multiple refills of air and eventually a nut-induced puncture was found.
7) For new owners, let the car run for 2500 km, the engine will open up post that. Please control the car as the acceleration is humongous, if you demand it from the engine. Same with the music system, I don’t know how, but it sounds better now.
8) Touchscreen-based AC controls should be avoided by all companies. I faced the issue of looking away from the road in the WRV, and am facing the same here too. The driver too struggles with the air-con. However, the performance of the air con is stellar.
9) No wireless airplay + Android at this price + Sun-blinds in the rear are a bummer. Everything else is great.
10) Soft touch everywhere. Please buy 3M foam for cleaning the beige seats.
Would I buy it again? – Yes.
Is ADAS the selling feature? – No.
What is the biggest “feature”? – the space inside with adults averaging 5’7 in height is insane. The ride quality + boot space + refinement + and sales of Hyundai = make this car a winner.
P.S. – If anyone from Hyundai ever reads this, fix the auto braking issue via a software update-based toggle to remember the settings each time the car is turned off. It can cause and is causing huge problems for your customers.
Keyword: Why I think the Hyundai Tucson is the best car in the Rs 39 lakh range