The track layout for Formula E’s inaugural Jakarta E-Prix has been revealed, with teams anticipating a bumpy venue that will combine elements reminiscent of FE’s New York and Valencia circuits.

The 1.47-mile track, which is located in the Ancol resort area north of the Indonesian capital, was built from scratch to replace initial plans for a race in the historic main Merdeka Square of central Jakarta.

That had involved racing around the sacred Monus monument, but city officials rejected the proposals in early 2020 largely due to the disruption and disturbance to the busy area which is surrounded by government buildings.

But when a combination of first political and then pandemic issues scuppered plans to host the race in 2020 and 2021, attentions turned to the Ancol resort area which offered similar topography and location to the so far one-off Sanya E-Prix in Hainan that was held in March 2019.

Confirmation of the Ancol location was granted earlier this year after Formula E initially held the June 4 date as a to-be-decided fixture when the provisional 2022 calendar was issued in June of 2021. This was then confirmed as Jakarta in October last year.

The new track in Ancol has been built from the ground up, with the first preparatory engineering work to lay the track only taking place in February.

track layout for formula e’s latest new circuit revealed

The first track blocks were laid down last month and completion of the circuit for homologation will only be done so next week as teams arrive at the facility. FIA race director Scot Elkins and a delegation of Formula E and FIA executives visited the site in March.

The track itself will feature some undulation, particularly in the Turn 7 area and is said by some of those that have already received the official FIA administered track maps to be bumpy in sections. The attack zone transponder loops will be located on the outside of Turn 16.

The Formula E cars arrived by air freight into Jakarta at the weekend and are being stored at the Jakarta national stadium before being transported to Ancol this week.

The Race revealed earlier this month that Formula E pursued the possibility of hosting a double header event at Jakarta in addition to the Marrakesh replacement race in early July to make the championship a 17-race schedule.

track layout for formula e’s latest new circuit revealed

However, Formula E’s chief championship officer and co-founder, Alberto Longo, told The Race at the Berlin E-Prix recently that the main reason a double-header wasn’t confirmed was “because they [Jakarta] needed a little bit more time to decide.

“If we waited for them, which I think eventually we were going get the ‘yes’, but if we waited for them and suddenly it was a ‘no’, then we would have lost the opportunity to race in Marrakesh.

“So that’s why we went straightaway to confirm the race in Marrakesh.

“Jakarta unfortunately is not going to have a double-header even though up to a certain level, I was waiting to speak with the governor himself in order to get the final green light.

“But his team told me that they were not going to be able to take a decision until probably Thursday this week. Which was way too late already for us in order to start the preparation for Marrakesh.”

Indonesia’s last international motorsport event was when GP2 Asia visited the Sentul circuit in the Bogor Regency area of West Java.

Current Nissan e.dams driver Sebastien Buemi won on that occasion from a field that included current Venturi team principal Jerome D’Ambrosio.

track layout for formula e’s latest new circuit revealed

Prior to that the A1 GP series visited Sentul twice in 2006 and 2007.

World Endurance Championship race winner Nicolas Lapierre, Canadian racer Sean McIntosh and Kiwi Jonny Reid took wins across the two double-header events.

Keyword: Track layout for Formula E’s latest new circuit revealed

CAR'S NEWS RELATED

The ‘nightmare’ collapse of a Formula E title bid

In Danny Boyle’s mesmerising 2002 film 28 Days Later, a stunned Jim played by Cillian Murphy wanders the streets of London alone and confused, believing he must be in a nightmare. To describe Edoardo Mortara’s demeanour last weekend as approaching something akin to a zombie apocalypse state would be ...

View more: The ‘nightmare’ collapse of a Formula E title bid

Rosenqvist deal revelation creates new Mc Laren driver twist

IndyCar teams have been put on high alert by the news that Felix Rosenqvist reportedly hasn’t signed a contract for 2023 with McLaren Racing, despite the team announcing he had in June. On Thursday a key player in the silly season, Rinus VeeKay, took himself out of the market ...

View more: Rosenqvist deal revelation creates new Mc Laren driver twist

Injured Bird’s Formula E streak over as Jaguar calls up Nato

Norman Nato will make his return to Formula E in Seoul next weekend for Jaguar. He will deputise for Sam Bird, who injured his hand in an early race incident at last Sunday’s London E-Prix. Nato, who has attended every round this season in his capacity as test and ...

View more: Injured Bird’s Formula E streak over as Jaguar calls up Nato

Formula E excelled in London but F1 clash was an own goal

Formula E delivered perhaps its best ever E-Prix event at London’s monolithic ExCeL Arena last weekend. And, after another season of calendar disruption, frankly it had to. The reason it had to deliver was that the disruption, image issues and embarrassment of postponing and then cancelling the much heralded ...

View more: Formula E excelled in London but F1 clash was an own goal

Details of two large Formula E Gen3 test crashes emerge

Formula E’s new Gen3 car has already had two real-time crash tests, with a pair of unrelated and sizeable, previously unreported, crashes having occurred during private testing in recent months. The Race has uncovered that Oliver Rowland and Theo Pourchaire suffered significant accidents in testing at Mallory Park in ...

View more: Details of two large Formula E Gen3 test crashes emerge

Nissan picks rookie for first 2023 Formula E seat

Nissan is set to give Sacha Fenestraz his Formula E debut next season after recently agreeing a deal for the 23-year-old Franco-Argentine to join its team for the start of the Gen3 era in 2023. He currently races in Super Formula, sitting third in the championship in his fourth ...

View more: Nissan picks rookie for first 2023 Formula E seat

How Giovinazzi’s first good Formula E race fell apart

Antonio Giovinazzi lamented the loss of his “big chance” to claim his first ever Formula E points after a breakthrough London race went dramatically awry. Prior to Sunday, Formula 1 convert Giovinazzi had qualified on the back two rows for the majority of his Formula E starts so far, ...

View more: How Giovinazzi’s first good Formula E race fell apart

Buemi, Wehrlein involved in London Formula E post-race dust-up

Sebastien Buemi and Pascal Wehrlein had to be separated following an angry discussion at the end of Sunday’s London E-Prix after their battle for seventh place. Witnesses saw the pair push each other and then square up to each other in the altercation, which lasted just a matter of ...

View more: Buemi, Wehrlein involved in London Formula E post-race dust-up

Winners and losers of Formula E’s London double-header

The failure that’s probably ended Jaguar’s Formula E title bid

De Vries defends ignoring ‘silly’ Mercedes team order

‘Completely unfair’ – Di Grassi’s fury with Formula E stewards

Is the Formula E title now in Vandoorne’s pocket?

‘I look like a clown’ – A new low for Formula E’s wasted hero

The full extent of Mahindra and Abt’s new Formula E tie-up

Formula E’s lost 2022 title contender

The Spa-style fix for hated part of London Formula E track

Mc Laren needs a Formula E Plan B – but its options are scant

Formula E slashes London energy limit to avoid messy race

Where Formula E will ‘make things more simple’ in Gen3 era

OTHER CAR NEWS

; Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự