The verdict: Acura refreshed its smallest SUV for 2022, giving the RDX updated styling as well as added safety and connectivity tech. Like its predecessor, the 2022 RDX offers easy-access Latch anchors and ample room for two car seats.
Does it fit three car seats? No
Take a look at how the Latch system and each car seat scored below in our Car Seat Check of the 2022 Acura RDX.
Cars.com graphic |
- Latch: The two sets of lower anchors sit under a large upholstery flap. They’re easy to find and use. Three top tether anchors sit two-thirds of the way down the seatback. They’re also clearly marked and easy to use.
- Infant: Trouble-free Latch anchors and enough legroom for our 5-foot-6-inch front passenger earned this car seat an A grade.
- Rear-facing convertible: As with the infant seat, we had no issues installing the convertible in rear mode, and our front passenger had a comfortable amount of legroom.
- Forward-facing convertible: After removing the head restraint, the convertible fit well in forward mode. The easy-access Latch and top tether anchors made installation a breeze.
- Booster: After removing the head restraint to situate the booster flush against the seatback, the booster fit well. The RDX’s buckles are stable and stick up just enough to grasp, which should make it easy for kids to buckle up
2022 Acura RDX | Cars.com photo by Jennifer Geiger
A: Plenty of room for the car seat and the child; doesn’t impact driver or front-passenger legroom. Easy to find and connect to Latch and tether anchors. No fit issues involving head restraint or seat contouring. Easy access to the third row.
B: One room, fit or connection issue. Some problems accessing the third row when available.
C: Marginal room plus one fit or connection issue. Difficult to access the third row when available.
D: Insufficient room, plus multiple fit or connection issues.
F: Does not fit or is unsafe.
About Cars.com’s Car Seat Checks
Editors Jennifer Geiger and Jennifer Newman are certified child safety seat installation technicians.
For the Car Seat Check, we use a Chicco KeyFit 30 infant-safety seat, a Graco Contender 65 convertible seat and Graco TurboBooster seat. The front seats are adjusted for a 6-foot driver and a shorter passenger. The three child seats are installed in the second row. The booster seat sits behind the driver’s seat, and the infant and convertible seats are installed behind the front passenger seat.
We also install the forward-facing convertible in the second row’s middle seat with the booster and infant seat in the outboard seats to see if three car seats will fit; a child sitting in the booster seat must be able to reach the seat belt buckle. If there’s a third row, we install the booster seat and a forward-facing convertible. Learn more about how we conduct our Car Seat Checks.
Parents should also remember that they can use the Latch system or a seat belt to install a car seat, and that Latch anchors have a weight limit of 65 pounds, including the weight of the child and the weight of the seat itself.
Keyword: How Do Car Seats Fit in a 2022 Acura RDX?