Cumulative fuel efficiency of 17.6 km/l with two tank fills.
BHPian jithin23 recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
I took my Innova HyCross VX for an extended trip which went from Delhi to Chandigarh to Bir to Billing to Dharamshala to McLeodGanj and back to Delhi.
I did McLeodganj to Delhi non-stop for 11 hr 15 mins of driving with no break or stoppage. Here are my highlights from the trip.
- Cumulative average of 17.6kmpl with two tank fills. Zero to full tank.
- I did the last leg non-stop and when I parked the car at my house, I still had enough fuel to go to Agra and back.
- The comfort is unparalleled. Near zero body roll even whilst pulling tight corners.
- Very easy to fit into tight spaces despite its size. We encountered a massive traffic jam whilst going uphill from Dharamshala to McLeodganj and we did some really tight spacing which the car did with ease. We even managed to do a U-Turn at one point on a narrow road where even the Dzire ahead of us had to take 4 back and forths while the Innova managed it in 3.
- The hill-hold function is a dream. It works like a charm and is very useful, especially since we were stuck in an uphill traffic jam for over 2hrs.
- The gears take time to move to lower ratios hence you have to accelerate before steep climbing turns to compensate for the sudden loss of speed.
- The Apple Play JUST DOESN’T WORK. WHY WON’T TOYOTA FIX THIS? WHY TOYOTA WHY?
- When you move from Park to Drive, the breaks make a weird sound. Not sure what it is, but it appears to be the electric parking brakes coming off.
Keyword: Drove the Innova Hycross for 11 hours straight: 6 highlights & 2 issues