Honda’s diesel product mix reached its peak in 2014 and has lost track ever since BS6 emission standard implementation in 2020
BHPian pqr recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Honda i-DTEC engine
- Honda has sold 4,09,601 cars with a 1,498cc/16 valves/inline 4 cylinder/DOHC diesel engine in India, branded as i-DTEC.
- The Amaze was the first Honda product in India to receive a diesel engine in 2013
- The highest diesel engine car sales were achieved in 2014, when the Honda City was also introduced with a diesel engine
- Honda’s diesel product mix reached its peak in 2014 and has lost track ever since BS6 emission standard implementation in 2020
The Amaze has been the best-selling Honda product with a diesel engine, followed by the City
- The diesel mix % was on the higher side in Honda’s UV product range
Keyword: Analysing Honda's diesel engine sales in the Indian market