- 1. There’s more room in the cabin of the new 2023 Honda Pilot
- 2. This new Honda SUV has more power than before
- 3. This family-sized SUV includes best-in-class safety features
- 4. Go wireless with the new 2023 Honda Pilot
- 5. The new Pilot has an excellent digital instrument cluster
- 6. The new 2023 Honda Pilot is made for family-sized adventures in this SUV
- Is this new Honda SUV right for you and your family?
The new 2023 Honda Pilot is completely updated, giving us the start of the fourth generation for this family-sized SUV. Does the Pilot continue to deliver the desired qualities and features that make it great for families? Here are six reasons this new Honda SUV can be a great vehicle for any family.
1. There’s more room in the cabin of the new 2023 Honda Pilot
2022 Honda Pilot Cargo Area | Honda
Honda claims a class-leading interior room, giving your family plenty of space during road trips or regular errands. Kelley Blue Book tells us the second row offers 40.8 inches of legroom, and the third row is spacious enough for adults. Behind the third-row seat, you’ll find 22.4 cubic feet of cargo room. This space expands to 113.7 cubic feet behind the front seats.
Bonus: Touring and Elite trims of this family-sized SUV have removable middle-row seats that can be stored under the rear cargo area floor.
2. This new Honda SUV has more power than before
The new 2023 Honda Pilot offers a 3.5-liter V6 engine mated to a new 10-speed automatic transmission. This powertrain is more powerful than ever, with 285 horsepower and 262 lb-ft of torque. This strength is good enough to pull up to 5,000 pounds in a trailer.
This powertrain doesn’t make the Pilot the most powerful SUV in the three-row midsize SUV class. The Kia Telluride offers 291 horsepower, and the Chevrolet Traverse delivers 310 horsepower. That said, the new Pilot is stronger than ever.
3. This family-sized SUV includes best-in-class safety features
2023 Honda Pilot | Honda
Honda didn’t simply add more stuff to the Honda Sensing package of the new 2023 Honda Pilot. The frame has been improved, the airbags are better, and more features are part of this package. The cameras and radar systems have a wider view than before, enhancing the overall safety of this SUV.
When you see this new Pilot, you’ll notice a few upgrades to the Honda Sensing package, including:
- Blind-spot information up to 82 feet of radar range
- Traffic Jam Assist
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Adaptive cruise control with low-speed follow
- Lane-keeping assist
4. Go wireless with the new 2023 Honda Pilot
Only the base Sport model of this family-sized SUV requires a wire to connect your smartphone to the infotainment system. All you’ve got to do is step up one level to receive wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
In addition to wireless connectivity, the four upper trims also come with wireless device charging. This is a sensible addition and makes it easy to enjoy leaving all of your charging cords at home.
5. The new Pilot has an excellent digital instrument cluster
2023 Honda Pilot Elite Digital Instrument Panel | Honda
All models of the 2023 Pilot have a digital driver information display. The Elite trim upgrades your screen to a 10.2-inch model compared to the 7-inch screen for the rest of the trims. Both screens are customizable to offer the information desired.
6. The new 2023 Honda Pilot is made for family-sized adventures in this SUV
2023 Honda Pilot TrailSport | Honda
If your family loves exploring the wilderness and getting off the paved and lined roads, the 2023 Honda Pilot TrailSport is the right trim for you. This model offers some off-road upgrades, including thick steel skid plates to protect the gas tank, transmission, and oil pan while on the trails.
Is this new Honda SUV right for you and your family?
What do you want from the new 2023 Honda Pilot? If you want a larger build, improved safety, more technology, more power, and an off-road version, you’ll find it in the new Pilot. This SUV does many things well, giving you a strong contender for your daily family driving needs.
Keyword: 6 Reasons the New 2023 Honda Pilot Can Be an Excellent Family-Sized SUV