- 1. The Volkswagen ID.4 brings standard IQ.Drive
- 2. The ID.Light feature gives you information about this electric SUV
- 3. Enjoy the large screen of the VW ID.4 infotainment center
- 4. Can you use a DC fast charger with the Volkswagen ID.4?
- 5. There are two battery options for this electric vehicle
- 6. The Volkswagen ID.4 is one of the safest vehicles on the road
- Where is the VW ID.4 built?
- What is the power and driving range of this Volkswagen electric SUV?
- How much does the VW ID.4 cost?
The 2023 Volkswagen ID.4 is the first step in the promise from VW to create an all-electric lineup. This little electric SUV brings room for five people and their cargo while offering an impressive driving experience on the road. If you’re unsure which EV you should drive, we offer six reasons you might want to choose the VW ID.4.
1. The Volkswagen ID.4 brings standard IQ.Drive
Volkswagen ID.4 | Volkswagen
Every automaker has a special name for the safety suite, and VW gives you IQ.Drive in the VW ID.4. This package bundles:
- Adaptive cruise control
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Automatic emergency braking
- Lane-keep assist
2. The ID.Light feature gives you information about this electric SUV
Kelley Blue Book tells us the ID.Light feature is a light strip under the windshield that helps with several driving functions. This feature signals when the car is ready to drive, which direction you should turn based on the navigational data, and when the battery is charging. This useful feature tells you what you want to know with just a quick glance at the light strip.
3. Enjoy the large screen of the VW ID.4 infotainment center
Dashboard View 2021 VW ID.4 | Volkswagen
The Discover Pro Max infotainment system is the standard item in this electric SUV. This system gives you a large 12-inch screen packed with features and controls. You’ll have:
- Navigation controls
- Voice control
- Wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
- Wireless device charging
- Digital gauge cluster
4. Can you use a DC fast charger with the Volkswagen ID.4?
Yes, not only can you use these chargers, but every model of this electric SUV also comes with three years of complimentary charging at Electrify America charging stations. By 2025, Electrify America expects to have more than 1,700 charging stations with more than 9,500 chargers to support continued EV growth.
5. There are two battery options for this electric vehicle
Volkswagen ID.4 on a Bridge | Volkswagen
If you’re looking for the most affordable version of the VW ID.4, the 62-kWh battery pack is the base offering and helps keep the price down. If you’re looking for extra driving range, the 82-kWh battery is still available, giving you two options to make this electric SUV the right one for you to drive.
6. The Volkswagen ID.4 is one of the safest vehicles on the road
This VW received top marks from both the NHTSA and IIHS. This means the ID.4 you drive earned both 5-star and Top Safety Pick+ ratings, making it one of the safest vehicles on the road. These awards factor in crash test scores and the driver assistance features included to help avoid an accident.
Where is the VW ID.4 built?
Yellow VW ID.4 | Volkswagen
The 2023 Volkswagen ID.4 is built at the VW plant in Chattanooga, Tennessee. This electric SUV might wear a European brand name, but it’s built in America and by Americans.
What is the power and driving range of this Volkswagen electric SUV?
This electric SUV offers three power and range options for you. They are:
Single electric motor, 62-kWh battery
201 horsepower, 229 lb-ft of torque, 208 miles of driving range
Single electric motor, 82-kWh battery
201 horsepower, 229 lb-ft of torque, 275 miles of driving range
Dual electric motors, 82-kWh battery
295 horsepower, 339 lb-ft of torque, 251 miles of driving range
How much does the VW ID.4 cost?
2022 Volkswagen ID.4 | Volkswagen
The base price of this electric SUV is $37,495 for the Standard trim. Move to the S trim, and you’ll pay $42,495. Both of these models use the smaller battery pack.
Choose the larger battery, and you’ll pay $42,495 for the Pro trim or $47,495 for the Pro S models. The Pro S Plus version costs $50,195. All three of these trims have a single motor.
The dual electric motor setup is available for the Pro, Pro S, and Pro S Plus models and adds $3,800 to the price of the Volkswagen ID.4.
Keyword: 6 Reasons the 2023 Volkswagen ID.4 is the Electric SUV You Want to Drive