- 2022 Renault Captur RS Line pricing and specifications
- New variant adds sporty exterior and interior styling
- Luxury features added, but others removed
- Priced from $39,590 before on-road costs
The 2022 Renault Captur light SUV range will gain a sporty RS Line variant in Australia in the coming months.
Due in showrooms in limited numbers as soon as next month – with more stock due around July – the Captur will become Renault Australia’s second model to gain the RS Line treatment (following the Arkana), with sportier interior and exterior styling inspired by full Renault Sport performance models.
Dealers have confirmed to Drive the variant will be priced from $39,590 before on-road costs – a $2500 premium over the current range-topping Captur model, the Intens, which is priced from $37,090 plus on-road costs.
This coincides with price rises for the broader Captur range for 2022 of between $1300 to $1900. Any associated specification changes are likely to be announced in the coming weeks.
Over the Intens, the RS Line will add a unique front bumper with an ‘Formula One blade’ accent and honeycomb inserts, gunmetal grey exterior accents, RS Line badging, and 18-inch ‘Le Castellet’ alloy wheels (named after the location of the French Grand Prix circuit).
Inside, there’s cloth and leatherette upholstery with red stitching and stripes. European models also feature a red and grey-stitched leather steering wheel, ‘Renault Sport’ sill plates, red air vent accents, and carbon fibre-look dashboard trim – though it’s not certain if these will be available in Australia.
The Captur RS Line also adds the contents of the Intens’ Easy Life Package, which includes a 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster, hands-free park assist, side parking sensors, a frameless rear-view mirror, and auto high beams.
However, the Intens’ heated front seats and power driver’s seat adjustment functions are deleted.
No changes are made under the bonnet as part of the RS Line upgrades – meaning Australia is likely to retain the 113kW/270Nm 1.3-litre turbocharged petrol four-cylinder offered across the rest of the range, with a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox and front-wheel drive.
European buyers can option full hybrid or plug-in hybrid options, with 1.6-litre petrol engines, multiple electric motors and outputs of up to 118kW – though these options are not bound for Australian showrooms.
The 2022 Renault Captur RS Line is due in Australian showrooms within the coming months.
2022 Renault Captur Australian pricing
- Captur Life – $30,090 (up $1900)
- Captur Zen – $32,090 (up $1300)
- Captur Intens – $37,090 (up $1300)
- Captur RS Line – $39,590 (new)
2022 Renault Captur Life standard features:
- Automatic LED headlights, tail-lights and indicators
- 17-inch alloy wheels (with a space-saver spare wheel)
- 7.0-inch infotainment touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 4.2-inch instrument cluster display (between two analogue dials)
- Six-speaker Arkamys sound system
- Black/grey fabric upholstery
- Electric parking brake
- Manual air conditioning
- Manually-adjustable front seats
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Reversing camera
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Paddle shifters
- Power-adjustable door mirrors
- Tinted windows
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Forward collision warning
- Lane departure warning
- Lane-keep assist
- Traffic sign recognition
- Cruise control with speed limiter
- Six airbags
The Life can be optioned with a $1000 Peace of Mind Package, which adds blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert and power-folding side mirrors.
2022 Renault Captur Zen adds (over Life):
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Power-folding side mirrors
- Climate control
- Heated steering wheel
- Keyless entry and start
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Automatic ‘walk-away’ door locking
2022 Renault Captur Intens adds (over Zen):
- 9.3-inch infotainment touchscreen
- Satellite navigation
- 7.0-inch digital instrument display
- 18-inch two-tone alloy wheels
- Black leather seats
- 360-degree camera
- Heated front seats
- Nine-speaker Bose premium sound system
- Power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Upgraded ‘Eco’ LED headlights
- ‘Animated’ tail-lights
- Eight-colour ambient LED cabin lighting
- Shift-by-wire gear selector
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Three drive modes
- Privacy glass
- Chrome exterior accents
- Grey roof rails
- Two rear USB ports
- Front seatback map pockets
The Intens can be optioned with a $2000 Easy Life Package, which adds a 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster, auto high beam, side parking sensors, automatic parking, and a frameless rear-view mirror.
2022 Renault Captur RS Line adds (over Intens):
- Unique 18-inch two-tone alloy wheels
- RS Line front bumper
- Gunmetal grey exterior accents
- Cloth and leatherette seat upholstery with red stitching and stripes
- 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster
- Auto high beam
- Side parking sensors
- Hands-free automatic parking
- Auto high beam
- Frameless rear-view mirror
- Heated seats and power driver’s seat adjustment are deleted.
Keyword: 2022 Renault Captur RS Line price and specs